Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cloth Napkins

Green Thing #7- Cloth Napkins

I know I already wrote about paper towels, however I believe napkins deserve a post of their own. This is the first green step I took after Greg and I got married.  People had bought us so many cloth napkins that we decided we did not need to waste our money on paper.  They are easy to use, clean, and require almost no effort.  Since I do not use bleach (I will explain that in another blog), I have learned to use black or darker colored napkins when we have messy foods such as BBQ sause, ketchup, and basically anything red, or with potential to stain.
For the ones that DO get stained, I don't throw them away because that is not green at all, they still work just fine.  I simply don't use them when we have company.

Don't forget to hang dry your napkins with the rest of your clothes.  =)

If you are a crafty person, you can make your own napkins-  http://thingshomespun.blogspot.com/2011/10/cloth-napkins.html

"A family of four can save $130 annually by switching from paper napkins to reusable napkins, according to Sierra Club." http://www.reuseit.com/take-action/lifestyle-guides/reduce-reuse-and-save

Tag Easter Floral Napkins - Set of 8VS. Vanity Fair Everyday Premium Napkins, 100 ct 

No comments:

Post a Comment